Friday 14 October 2011

Chez Jose


Food venture number three: the other day I was taking a stroll in the plateau. I passed by Chez Jose, a little sandwich and pastry shop that's hard to miss from it's vibrantly painted outside. I've passed by this shop many times before but have never had the chance to actually go in and try it. With the blog in mind, I decided not to keep walking by like I normally do, but instead to walk in, and see what it was all about. The inside is how you would imagine it after seeing the outside - bright colours, not an inch of blank wall space and a very cozy and hip feel to it overall. The restaurant is pretty small and it took a while to get a seat, but once we sat down the service was quick and the food was delicious. Chez Jose is most known for it's variety of fresh fruit juices (I recommend the one called "Vampire" nom nom nom). The rest of the menu is pretty much sandwiches, pastries and empanadas. I decided to go for one of the specials: two empanadas, salad and a small fruit juice (for only 11 bucks!) This time I managed to take a picture before I ate half of the meal (unlike last time...whoops...). I would definitely recommend checking this place out, if the empanadas don't entice you then the fun atmosphere should!


The inside
The Empanadas
http://maps.google.ca/maps/ChezJose Here's a link to a map of Chez Jose so that you can see what it's all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment